Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Automatic hyperlinks disable

edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Could you please tell me  if PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT or disable automatic link conversion (when pastes in a cell) will be done anytime in  a near future? 

If it is not planned anytime soone 1-3month , then 

could you give me some directions on how I would be able to disable this feature with an app, or whatever else,code, whatever to stop it please.

thanks. 

Comments

Every column has an option for number/text,,,but then it gets converted all into a hyperlink,  and you end up clicking on a cell anyway, that is a natural way to work,(click on what you focus,at least for me)  even in excel there is a option to disable it.  Now you end up opening hundreds on windows by mistake .

So a software that is helping with productiity is also killing the productivity by this weird feature.

Or enable double click to follow a hyperlink.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can also try the following:

Copy the link

Paste the link using Ctl+V

Press F" key to enter edit mode and then remove the "Http" element at the begining of the string.

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry

Press F2 key to enter edit mode and then remove the "Http" element at the begining of the string.

thanks, sure it works like this,,but that would totally kill my productivity,,,nice solution for any other software that is not meant to increase your  productivity.

• Hi—as you've found, we don't have a way within Smartsheet to disable automatic hyperlinking, and I don't believe there is a way to accomplish this externally.

I've added your vote for this functionality to our enhancement request list for further review by our Product team. We don't have a timeframe for when this type of change will be implemented in Smartsheet.

edited 01/04/17

It looks like a bug, more then a feuture request that should be voted on .   I've had a subsription for a while ,but I wasn't using SM because of this.  Even my tasks names are many times just web adreses, and it naturally happens that you click on it by mistake, when you are focusing on it.

First time this issue was brought up about 7month ago and I was hoping it was gonna be added quickly, but i guess it didnt get enogh votes. 

Unfortunally for me and my team, it is just to frusting to have links open by accident. I'll come back to smartsheets when this feature is implemented.

thanks.

This discussion has been closed.