Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Best practices for incorporating human resources/work force for company with multiple divisions

Options

I'm trying to find the best way to incorporate my companies career path/employee roles for mulitple projects throughout five divisions. Request the best practices for resource management for mulitple projects. 

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/05/17
    Options

I often create a "Roles and Reponsiblities" sheet - this has roles/responsibilitiies as columns and projects or sub-projects as rows.

This is for the resource manager / HR manager to see at a glance the overview of the departments.

Each project sheet has two columns for assignments - one is by role, one is by person.

The project sheet is set up as a template with the roles filled in.

The assigned PM fills in the person when the project is started and either she or the resource manager updates the overview sheet.

I've tried various linking methods but most have been sub-optimal.

Career path is a different animal in my world-view.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.