How to add the auto number to the form.

Options

I would like to have the auto number to the form or the alert so the submitter receives a "tracking number." I could not find any discussion on this topic.

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You current cannot do this, you cannot add dynamic fields to the form (that is to say you cannot take information other than your column names from your sheet and show them in a form)

I recommend submitting a product enhancement request for this feature via the link on the right side of the page, I know that numerous other users would benefit from this, myself included.

• Kevin Fullen
    Options

Chose a different option. I created a trigger to include it in a notification.

• Neil Spencer
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Great point and should definitely be an enhancement....

I feel that this and many other requests are not being actioned as quickly as other similar platforms and could be detrimental to the SS platform. Good point....

• Kevin Fullen
    Options

Thank you Neil.

• Consie
    Consie ✭✭
    Options

hi Kevin, I am also thinking of how to add an autonumber to a request form. Unfortunately, there is no option at the moment. How did you include it the automated notification? Can you share please? thank you in advance.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Consie

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd change it, so the submitter has to be logged in to see the form, and you'd add the System Column, Created By, and reference it in an automated Alert Workflow triggered when a new row is added. (Including the number and more information)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Malle
    Options

I am also thinking of how to add an autonumber to a request form. but im new and im not sure how to do it.

is there a link to see the Steps by Steps?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!