Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

IF/AND or ISBLANK formula?

Options
Jennifer Dewhurst
Jennifer Dewhurst ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am trying to evaluate three columns for the ABSCENCE of data to return a value of "Delinquent". For example: 

I would like the top row of this image to reflect the word "Delinquent" when none of the boxes are checked.  Should I use an ISBLANK formula or an IF/AND formula?  And what would it look like?   Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated!  Thank you so much. 

2017-01-11_11-11-46.jpg

Comments

• Jennifer Dewhurst
    Options

I think I could also do this by automating RYG balls? Only I just need Red or Green (no yellow). Would this be a better solution?

• Andre Gien
    Options

Wow Craig you are a real Guru thank you for all you help.

Is there anyway that if it is "Delinquent" that an email update can be sent to somone notifying them that there is a potential problem 

Thanks so much again 

Andre 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jennifer,

I assume as long as one of the 3 (learning?) choices have been chosen, the status is not delinquint?

You've thrown a small wrench in the works with those hidden columns, but still, if the answer to the above is yes, this should work:

=IF(NOT(OR([Attended Meeeting]42, [Watched Video]42, [Read Pkg]42)), "Delinquent")

Note that if the columns were consecutive, I would use this instead:

=IF(COUNTIF([Attended Meeeting]43:[Read Pkg]43, 1) = 0, "Delinquent", "")

Cheers,

Craig

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Andre,

Thank you for the compliment and you are welcome.

To answer your question, sort of.

Check out Notifications.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/542904-using-notifications

Notifications, however, are only looking for a change, not a specific change.

To get around this, a Checkbox column can be added to 'watch' for Delinquent and then trigger the Notification when that is changed

=IF([Delinquent ]23= "Delinqent", 1, 0)

for row 23.

Drawback: Sends a notification email when it turns back from checked to unchecked (no longer delinquent)

Conditional notifications are coming, so we are told.

Craig

• Jennifer Dewhurst
    Options

This is awesome Craig. Thank you so much!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You also are welcome Jennifer.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.