Using Smartsheet offline

Options

Hi, I've been developing a number of sheets for an organisation. Id like to know if there is a feature where The Mobile app can use smart sheet offline in the field where there may be no access to the internet and then uploading the changes once they get back in range of the an online service?

This is the single most desired feature that will seal =the use of smart sheets for this organisation.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/25/20
    Options

Hi Dean,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to use Smartsheet offline, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could export the Smartsheet Sheet to Excel or Google Sheets or similar and then import it again when done. It could possibly be automatic, depending on the process.

Another option could be a 3rd party service, but what would work again depends on the process.

Can you describe your process in more detail?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Dean Ellis
    Options

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the response. Your workarounds is something i have also looked at and are actively researching, the "Rolls Royce" solution would be an all in one feature with Smartsheets though.

So the workflow is as such

We have a tasking sheet where an operations manager can allocate the task to a team leader.

The team leader has the app on their phone, they see the tasks they are allocated and go and perform those tasks. Once completed, they will submit the hours for that task through the app with any attachments, comments etc.

Ops reviews the task and reallocates it to and archive.

The biggest issue here is if the task is in an area where there is no mobile data service as the teams are of a disaster relief organisation.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards

Dean Ellis

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dean Ellis

Happy to help!

I'll get back to you if I get to think of some other way to solve it.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Just curious if there is a follow up on this request! Best regards

• Kevin M M
    Options

Any updates on offline capability? This is an important feature for me and my organization.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!