Sharing Permission; Shared Sheet Management for Unlicensed User/Free Collaborator

Hi,

I'm a licensed user and I created and shared the sheet to my co-worker (who isn't licensed user) with Admin Permission.

According to the information I read in the topic "Account-Level User Types for Multi-User Plans": "Unlicensed users can access shared sheets as Viewers (read-only), Editors (edit cell data), or Admins (manage the sheet), and can even re-share them depending on the sharing access level they were assigned".

Also, I read the information in the "Sharing Permission Levels" topic, that "The sharing permission level on a sheet isn't related to your account user type". And there is a sheet management table, according which available options for Admin is almost the same as for Owner (few exceptions about deleting/renaming a sheet).

Regardless these, my co-worker (to whom I shared sheet with access of Admin Permission) can't access any of listed options in the table (e.g: send update requests, send rows via email, create reminders, create automated workflows, etc).

Please, let me know what I've done wrong, why doesn't it work?

What can I do to give him access/permission to manage shared sheet?

Thanks in advance.

Nino

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Nino,

You're not doing anything wrong! It's the way it works for the free/unlicensed users. They can't be driving a process.

Free users (Unlicensed Users and Free Collaborators) are important participants in collaborating on the work you manage in Smartsheet. Free users can view, edit, and update sheets and reports within the platform. (Creating, owning, administering, or driving a process, program, or project in Smartsheet requires a paid license.)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Aneta C
    Aneta C ✭✭
    edited 03/02/23

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar problem just that my free users cannot do ANYTHING AT ALL. Not even comment on the sheet.

Is this a glitch with my sheet or am I doing soemthing wrong here? :) When sharing the sheet I did give them the approproiate permissions. I tried giving them "commentator" permissions and with another person I tried to give them the ability to "edit" , but niether of them can do anything. Even when it shows "commenting only" on top of thier screens, they still don't have the option to comment.

Help please :)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Aneta C

I hope you're well and safe!

Which Smartsheet plan do you have?

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I have a similar problem in that my users with Admin rights are shown to be view only on each sheet. I have the pro license.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jekennedy

I hope you're well and safe!

That's probably the reason. There are some limitations to the Pro plan.

How many people are you sharing it with?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!