Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Two SmartSheets

Options
David B
David B
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi.. I work at a Company that just purchased Smartsheets enterprise edition. Some of our userbase have been using smartsheets before the purchase. Before the Enterprise purchase we had two different groups with their own smartsheets setup. When the purchase was made one of the groups was upgraded to the enterprise version. However now i have 1 user from the standard group that has not been upgraded asking for enhanced features that only comes from the enterprise edition specifically she wants access to the sights feature. 

I tried adding her email address to our enterprise version of smartsheets but i get an error saying that we can not add that email because they are already a member of smartsheets on another account. Why can you not be a member of two smartsheets groups?

Alternatively can we add the other group to our smartsheets enterprise group but keep the information within those groups seperate?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

David,

Someone from Smartsheet can answer the first question.

I'm not clear on your exact setup but there are lots of diffferent things to think about.This is not an exhaustive list, just off the top of my head:

1. Does your email system allow aliasing? If so, add an alias to the user in your system and add that email into Smartsheet.

2. There is a big difference between licensed and unlincensed users.

Read about user types here:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/520100-user-types

3. If you wanted to migrate the user completely, you could. It has been a while since I've gone through that process but I believe ownership gets moved to the new account. Check that to be sure. If so, anything they own will now be in the enterprise account.

4. You might be able to accomlish what you are looking for by creating the Sight in the Enterprise account and then sharing it to the user as Admin. Check that too.

I'm sure more will come to me after I hit "Save".

Hope this helps.

Craig

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 01/18/17
    Options

Hi David,

Smartsheet wasn't designed to allow a user to be a part of more than one paid account.

You'll need to reach out to a System Administrator on the other enterprise plan, have them remove the user (under Account > User Management), then you'll be able to add that email address to your enterprise plan.

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes... contact support or your Sys Admin. We just went through this about 2 months ago where we split another division out to their own account.  Not easy but you'll need SS Support's help.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tim,

What was the driving force for the split, if I may ask?

Craig

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/19/17
    Options

The agencies had to split due to legal and legislative mandate.  MS's Foster Care system is now its own agency separate from DHS.  https://www.mdcps.ms.gov/news-and-media/page/3/

The Foster Care system had about 20 licensed users and the remaining group had about 45.  Was some work to get it done and there were a couple of hickups but overall good.

However, we were able to keep the billing on the same invoice just as seperate line items. 

Tim

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, the government. I get it.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.