Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Prevent a past date being selected

Options
Kylie D'Costa
Kylie D'Costa ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi team,

Is it possible to stop a user from selecting a previous date?

Eg: We have a date coloumn, and I do not want the user to be able to select ANY DATE in the PAST.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Kylie

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not that i'm aware of.

this might not be what you are looking for, but you could set a formula in a column next to the date and if the date is set to teh past, then use conditional formatting to change the color of teh cell.

So put this formula  =IF(Date1 < TODAY(), 0, 1)  in another column that points to the date cell your checking "Date1".  Then set flag to 0 if in the past or 1 in the  future.

then set the conditional formatting to turn bright red if the result is 0.

maybe others have other ideas...

hope that helps.

• Noemi Kecskes
    edited 01/20/17
    Options

You can also use a system column which you can set to "Date Created"-then she cannot change anything in that column and you will see the exact date/time when the entry was submitted.

I hope this helps!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Noemi,

The [Date Created] column is for the whole row, not a specific column.

I don't think it will work for Kylie's use-case.

Craig

• Kylie D'Costa
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I had the conditional formatting formula as mentioned above set up - and it was working, but was just another column.... we can live with the current functionality...

was just curious if it was possible as it would have been perfect.

Thanks anyway!

This discussion has been closed.