Double Notifications

I have a work flow set up for vacation requests at our company. This is what happens:

Enter information on a form

Form is sent to relevant project Manager for approval

If approved it is copied to another sheet to populate a calendar view on our dashboards, if it is denied it kicks an email back to the submitter.

I only want my project managers to get the approval request, I do not want them to receive any other emails. However my project manager is getting the approval request, and then a notification if he has approved or denied. (he should already know seeing he is the one approving)

I have attached images of the work flows on the request sheet and then the vacation sheet that the information is copied over to. Hopefully I can get some help on the double emails.

Thank you all in advance!

Workflow below is for the approval request

Work flow below is for the calendar sheet, It notifies me so that I can drag the rows to the top of the sheet

First they get the approval request email which is what I want to happen but then they get this email also;

Best Answer

• Brian Campbell
    Brian Campbell ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/05/20 Answer ✓

Im pretty sure the second email is required, it provides a copy of what the Approver did so they have a record of it. To get rid of it you would have to do an update request, report or maybe dynamic view if you have it and each depends on what they are allowed to see.

Michael

Answers

• Brian Campbell
    Brian Campbell ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/05/20 Answer ✓

Im pretty sure the second email is required, it provides a copy of what the Approver did so they have a record of it. To get rid of it you would have to do an update request, report or maybe dynamic view if you have it and each depends on what they are allowed to see.

Michael

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!