COUNTIF with AND or COUNTIFS --> Not sure how to make this work; neither formula I tried is working

Options

=COUNTIF(AND({2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 2},"Budget",[{2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 1},"Complete"]))

=COUNTIFS(({2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 2},"Budget",[{2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 1},"Complete"]))

Best Answer

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paige Luben

Try this:

=COUNTIFS({2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 2}, "Budget", {2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 1}, "Complete")

Your COUNTIFS formula was correct but you added [ ] around the 2nd range and 2nd criteria and too much ( ) for the COUNTIFS as a whole :) . Hence the UNPARSEABLE you probably got :)

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Paige Luben

Try this:

=COUNTIFS({2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 2}, "Budget", {2020-2021 Goal, Budget, and Performance Ti Range 1}, "Complete")

Your COUNTIFS formula was correct but you added [ ] around the 2nd range and 2nd criteria and too much ( ) for the COUNTIFS as a whole :) . Hence the UNPARSEABLE you probably got :)

• Paige Luben
    Paige Luben ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@David Joyeuse THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH not only did that work but I really appreciate you explaining what I did wrong. Somehow the parentheses and brackets are literally always my problem.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!