SUMIFS - Multiple Columns & Status Selections

I need to sum the rows in "Loan Amounts" column when it meets the following criteria: Division = HB and Status = In Process, or On Hold, or Approved. I can get he formula to work when only having one status such as "In Process", but when I try to add the other 2 options I get an error. Can someone help me with this?

Best Answer

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

please post your attempted formula when asking questions, as often it can be a simple issue of a missed parenthesis or comma, and it can help us understand what you are trying to do.

Either way, from what you described the formula below should work.

=sumifs([loan amounts]:[loan amounts],division:division,"HB",status:status,or(@cell = "In Process", @cell = "On Hold", @cell = "Approved

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

please post your attempted formula when asking questions, as often it can be a simple issue of a missed parenthesis or comma, and it can help us understand what you are trying to do.

Either way, from what you described the formula below should work.

=sumifs([loan amounts]:[loan amounts],division:division,"HB",status:status,or(@cell = "In Process", @cell = "On Hold", @cell = "Approved

• Thank you, I meant to copy in the formula. By going off your example, I was able to see what I was missing. It works now, thanks again! 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!