Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

=SUMIFS, Please help..Formular works on a business collages sheet....

Options
Graeme Baker
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team,

This formula works on a business collage sheet, he reffed me to smart sheet and has been helping me build my sheet. this returns #Incorrect Argument Set....whats missing

=SUMIF([Value of Jobs]2:[Value of Jobs]60, Result2:Result60, 1, [Sold Date]2:[Sold Date]60, MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY(), SUMIF([Value of Jobs]2:[Value of Jobs]60, Result2:Result60, 1, [Sold Date]2:[Sold Date]60, YEAR(@cell) = YEAR(TODAY()))))

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like you have a nested SUMIF there.

What's that for?

Because you have multiple criteria, you need to use the SUMIFS function, not SUMIF.

Are you trying to sum the values in the [Value of Jobs] column (rows 2-60) when:

1. Result = 1 (or checked?)

2. Sold Date is this month

3. Sold Date is this year

?

If so, this:

=SUMIFS([Value of Jobs]2:[Value of Jobs]60, Result2:Result60, 1, [Sold Date]2:[Sold Date]60, MONTH(@cell) = MONTH(TODAY()), [Sold Date]2:[Sold Date]60, YEAR(@cell) = YEAR(TODAY()))

might be what you are looking for.

Note, all of the [Sold Date] cells need to be filled in. You can wrap the formula above in an IFERROR() function.

Craig

• Graeme Baker
    Options

Hi Craig,

Sum values when 1.      Result = 1 (100%)

2&3  Sold Date  (01/03/17)  so both month & year.

Copy and paste your formula into sheet, it retuned #INVALID DATA TYPE.

Where dose the IFERROR() formula go ?

Thanks

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

=IFERROR(current formula, "what you want to display if there is an error.")

Likely there is a blank date in your range.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.