Cross Sheet Distinct Count Formula

I'm trying to count distinct values in a different sheet using a cross sheet formula. More specifically, I have parent/child rows, and I only want to count the parent rows. The child rows have duplicate values in the column that I'm counting, which makes me think that something like countif(distinct(something...) will work. Or am I better off using something along the lines of Countif(Descendants=0) or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mommaduck
    Mommaduck ✭✭✭✭

Also trying to get a distinct count formula to work. Sheet data is fed by forms submitted by multiple people. Combined name column (that I want to point to) is generated by a formula joining first and last name. We report distinct visits on a monthly report so need the info to be "clean". Need a quick way for the group who's data this is to check their entries for misspellings (so I don't crazy when doing my report!) I know I could sort the sheet by name column but I find that visually it's still difficult to see the misspellings. Names to be entered are varied and not a set list so can't do a drop down menu. Trying to avoid exporting to Excel to do this.

This is what I wrote =COUNT(DISTINCT({Living Room Intake Sheet FY2020 Combined name})) and I got a number - I need the names.

Suggestions??

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!