Combining IF AND NOT ISBLANK Function

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my function below?

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Empty", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Half")),IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)),"Full"))

Everything is fine up to the "Half")), but after I add in the 3rd function it become #UNPARSEABLE, I have tried moving brackets around still not working...

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• Zee Cheok
    Zee Cheok
    Answer ✓

Got it now by taking off the ) after "Half".

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Empty", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Half", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row))), "Full")))

Thank you very much!

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

I believe you have an extra ) after "Half" that needs to be taken out:

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Empty", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Half"),IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)),"Full"))

• Zee Cheok
    Zee Cheok
    Answer ✓

Got it now by taking off the ) after "Half".

=IF(AND(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Empty", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row)), "Half", IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Date Submitted to SS]@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Date Enter/Update to RPM]@row))), "Full")))

Thank you very much!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!