Formula to place a text status based on completion of tasks

Hello,

I haven't worked with formulas enough to get started with what I am needing. I have 3 tasks that need to happen, 'A', 'B', and 'C', before the job can be marked done. There is a checkbox column for each 'A', 'B', and 'C' showing if they are all needed. Regardless of whether or not they are all needed, they need to be performed in order from 'A' to 'B' to 'C'. There are also columns to check off once 'A', 'B', and 'C' are completed and a status column.

I'd like to write a formula that checks to see if each are needed and then as the task gets completed, change the status to the next needed task. For example if all are needed, then before any get completed the status would be 'A' or the first needed. If only B and C are needed and B isn't done then the status would be B, etc. If all are completed then the status would be "Done". If B or C is needed, the formula needs to check to see if the preceding task was done or needed.

I believe I can do this with formulas but I am unsure of where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Lk

Best Answer

Answers

• LisakayS
    LisakayS ✭✭✭

Thank you David! That will get me started!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!