How to provide a checklist as a column in a form

Options

Scenario:

I want to make a form which is basically a guided walkthrough for customers to find out what they need to submit in order to be onboarded (Follow a series of conditionally-linked questions and at the end it will tell you what documents you need to submit in order to have the optimal onboarding experience)

I'm a bit lost on which column I can use, which can be tied into a conditional logic chain, that can tell people what documents they need to upload.

Question:

Does anyone know which column to use for this that fits the needs mentioned above?

Extra bits:

Ideally: the checklist is interactive, so that people can check off which things they submitted them as they submit them.

Since they have to use a link to submit them rather than just direct via the function the form offers, I imagine they can keep the "completed" form open in a separate tab as guidance so they know what to submit and can just check them off as they get them done.

The checking off can populate in the sheet so that we know that they've been submitted and what's left to submit in case they don't finish uploading everything in the same session.

Answers

• Ben Golder
    Options

Ideally: the checklist is interactive, so that people can check off which things they submitted them as they submit them.

Since they have to use a link to submit them rather than just direct via the function the form offers, I imagine they can keep the "completed" form open in a separate tab as guidance so they know what to submit and can just check them off as they get them done.

The checking off can populate in the sheet so that we know that they've been submitted, but also so that if not everything has been completed in the same session, we know where to pick things up with the customer later.

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

The way you're describing it I'm thinking this might just be a sheet filled with columns that are nothing but checkboxes. For example, you might have Form 1 as the first form to submit, then the conditional logic could be If Form 1 is submitted then you should use Form 2, etc etc.

Then on the Form builder side you replace the Label with instructions on what they should fill out, and in the Help Text you could put the Link to the form they have to submit. That way, once they submit the form they can check the box that they are done.

The conditional flow set up in the Form Builder would be based on whether or not certain areas are checked.

Is that what you were thinking?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!