Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is there a way to see all sheets that have been shared?

Angie Hatfield
Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

As one of our Company user with a license, I do some overviews of Smartsheet with new Users. Is there a way to view all of the sheets a non-licensed user has been shared? This would allow me to go over those sheets specifically.

It would also be helpful in the cases where a user changes roles and some of the access may change.

Thank you

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Angie,

If you are a System Administrator, you can download the Sheet Access Report as a csv.

This will show you all sheets and reports in the system, who owns them, who is shared to them and at what privilege level.

You can not access their sheets directly unless you have been shared to them, but you will at least know they exist.

If you click on the downarrow icon next to the user in User Management, you can transfer sheets, reports, workspaces owned by them to another user, but this is a bulk action not a case-by-case action.

You could likely do what you want via the API as the System Admin.

Craig

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Angie,

I don't know that licensed vs unlicensed makes a difference for this objective.

To accomplish this, you simply need to go to:

Account...  User Management....  Find the user name in the list....    Right click on the user name....    Select 'Download User Sheet Access Report (csv)'....    then click ok.  The list will be mailed to you with the sheets they have access to.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

System Admins do not need to be licensed users.

Surprisingly.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/520100-user-types#sysadmin

Craig

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭

Thank you all. This is exactly what I needed.

I appreciate the quick responses!

Angie

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/06/17

I'm trying to run a report (I'm an Admin) but the option "Download User Sheet Access Report" is greyed out. 

This discussion has been closed.