Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Another Thank You: Lessons Learned

J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I really appreciate this (from status.smartsheet.com)

Craig

LessonsLearned.jpg

Comments

• Rob Hagan
    Rob Hagan ✭✭✭

A very positive step indeed!

The next even more positive step is to publish the status of all outstanding lessons learned as management takes them into production.

In doing so, it requires that an item like:

"Add more redundancy to our network"

is translated into (for example, although this is probably already the case):

"By 30-Jun-2017, ensure that there are at least two non-collocated entry points of our Internet connections into our server farm" (and I'm not seeking to start any kind of thread about what redundancy may be required - this is just an example of making a "wish list" much more tangible).

Naturally, this tangible specific objective would have come from the post incident review that took place after this recent outage, and would have been identified through the root cause analysis therein.

Management can then report internally on the progress of this very tangible objective and keep the community updated (perhaps in more general terms) leading to an announcement in the release notes when it is finally rolled out.

I add my congratulations to Craig's on this initiative.

This would be a SmartStep for SmartSheet!

Rob.

This discussion has been closed.