IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP #No Match Question

I am doing a vlookup across multiple sheets and know i will have some #No Match results, however i want to make sure those rows that do not match have a specific response in the cell which is a blank result. How can i accomplish this?

Current formula i am using:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP([BE GEO ID]1, {FY21 Radius Partner Coverage Ingram Micro Range 1}, 5, false)), VLOOKUP([BE GEO ID]1, {FY21 Radius Partner Coverage Tech Data US Range 1}, 12, false), VLOOKUP([BE GEO ID]1, {FY21 Radius Partners Synnex Comstor US VPM Range 1}, 12, false))

Additional question, is there a limit to how many sheets you can do a cross sheet vlookup on?

Answers

• John Jonassen
    John Jonassen ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/13/20

I think you should start your formula with =IFERROR(VLOOKUP....as opposed to the =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP... then at the end of your formula, close it out with "" (double quotes) and then closed parenthesis to complete the IFERROR.

Additionally, change all of your "false" to the "" (double quotes) as well so that it will blank out those that don't meet the criteria you are looking for in your VLOOKUPs.

There is a limitation of 100 distinct cross sheet references within a single sheet...which I have easily maxed out myself.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!