Working on creating an IF statement that has multiple conditions to be met.

Options

I am working on trying to control the Harvey Ball colors based on status AND dates. The conditions I am trying to use are:

• If status is "complete”, then blue
  • If start date is in the past but status is “not started”, then Harvey Ball, yellow
  • If finish date is in the past and status is not “complete”, then Harvey Ball, red

I have a Start Date and Finish Date column, as well as a Progress Column with a dropdown select of Not Started, In Progress, and Completed. Then I have a status column where I want to put pretty much a column formula that will populate the row with the correct color harvey ball based on the conditions above. I was able to easily due the first condition although am struggling creating a formula for the last two and then eventually nest all three together. Thank you so much for your help if any one is able!

Best Answer

• John Jonassen
    John Jonassen ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ian Abee ,

Give this formula a try:

=IF(Progress@row = "Complete", "Blue", IF(AND([Start Date]@row <= TODAY(), Progress@row = "Not Started"), "Yellow", IF(AND([Finish Date]@row <= TODAY(), Progress@row <> "Complete"), "Red", "Green")))

Answers

• John Jonassen
    John Jonassen ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ian Abee ,

Give this formula a try:

=IF(Progress@row = "Complete", "Blue", IF(AND([Start Date]@row <= TODAY(), Progress@row = "Not Started"), "Yellow", IF(AND([Finish Date]@row <= TODAY(), Progress@row <> "Complete"), "Red", "Green")))

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hi I have a similar IF formula:

=IF([Seen this week ]@row + [Seen Last week]@row + [Seen Last 2 Weeks]@row + [Seen Last 3 Weeks]@row > 5, "yes", IF(AND([Seen this week ]@row + [Seen Last week]@row + [Seen Last 2 Weeks]@row + [Seen Last 3 Weeks]@row = 5, "hold", IF(AND([Seen this week ]@row + [Seen Last week]@row + [Seen Last 2 Weeks]@row + [Seen Last 3 Weeks]@row < 5, "no")))))

But its not working, its says #unparseable but I don't see where I went wrong

if its obvious to anyone please let me know

thanks!

Dell

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!