Counting days worked over a specified date range?

Is there a way to count the number days spent on a task within a specified date range? For example, in the first line of this image, I want to count 3 days spent in the week of August 30, and 1 day spent in the week of September 6. I'm trying to create a summary of how many days were spent on a task over any given week.

Answers

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

On the image I see two lines with 2 working days allocated for each in August and 5 days allocated in September on task 2. I am not sure why you need to count 3 days in the week of August 30. That may help with giving you the correct formula.

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

• Hello @Helen Meng ,

If possible, please can you describe the requirements in a little more detail?

If you'd like to extract the amount of days between 2 different dates, such as the Start and End date, you could use a Formula such as =Finish@row - Start@row. Please see my example below.

Please note that I added an extra column to extra the days between both of these dates.

Regards

Sean

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!