Cell Linking Two Sheets

Hi Everyone!

I have a sheet that has a form collection tool where users can request to have creative projects. I also have a seperate sheet that is not a form but is modified with cell data that I want copied to my Creative Service Request so that it can be logged and assigned to a user. I know how to perform a cell link but I have a few questions.

1) Can I link a whole column so that every time a new entry is registered the 2nd form sheet with the form gets updated with the new data?

2) Can the cell linked data always start a new row at the top so that it is not overriding any data in 2nd form sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Manuel Lemus

Please see my answers and suggestions below.

1) Can I link a whole column so that every time a new entry is registered, the 2nd form sheet with the form gets updated with the new data?

[Andrée Starå] No

2) Can the cell linked data always start a new row at the top so that it is not overriding any data in 2nd form sheet?

[Andrée Starå] No

I'd recommend using cross-sheet formulas instead. Either a VLOOKUP or a combination of INDEX/MATCH.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!