Help with Countifs formula

Hello,

I need help with the last part of the below formula( {Region}, "US" OR "CAN) ). I am referencing a column called Region on a sheet and I need the count to include if it has US or CAN listed. Please help in how I can make this formula work because I am getting an #unparsable error right now.

=SUMIFS({Project Intake Total Funds}, {Project Intake Status}, [Metric 3]@row, {Status}, "Closed", {Project Intake Range 1}, CONTAINS([Metric 4]@row, @cell), {Region}, "US" OR "CAN)

Thanks,

Sonia

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

=SUMIFS({Project Intake Total Funds}, {Project Intake Status}, [Metric 3]@row, {Status}, "Closed", {Project Intake Range 1}, CONTAINS([Metric 4]@row, @cell), {Region}, OR("US","CAN"))

• Thanks for the quick response David. However, I get an error message when I use the formula you provided - # invalid data type. Any idea what the issue could be?

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sonia Kour

#INVALID DATA TYPE means you're working apples with oranges here.

Check your column types within each criteria. Which type of column is [Metric 4]? Which type is {Project Intake Range 1}. Also check where do these values come from? Formulas or hard typed values?

It's a mismatch between what you want to do, and what you have on a sheet.

If you're having trouble finding out, maybe posting a screenshot or two with dummy data could help sorting this out.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!