Is there a way to archive a sheet at end of day?

Options

We have a sheet tracking product output that is updated every 15 minutes. By end of day the sheet has well over 1000 rows of data, and gets a little clunky to work with (takes a while to save/sort). We use the sheet everyday to run a report showing productivity and tie in some metrics for quality. Currently, we are exporting this sheet daily to excel, and creating a new sheet (from template) in smartsheet. Is there a better (more efficient) way to archive this sheet every day and have a blank version ready to go for the next day?

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Megan T

Have you looked into creating a workflow that used Move Row to move all rows to another sheet at the end of the day so you start with the same blank sheet the next day?

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Megan T
    Megan T ✭✭
    Options

I haven’t, but this seems like a great solution! Looking at the automated workflows...do you know if there is a way to do this by chunks of time (not just date)? For example, if I wanted data collected on the master sheet between 1AM and 3PM on 10/26 to go to sheet 1, and data collected from 3:01 PM to 12:59 AM to go to sheet 2?

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Megan T

With a little creative formula writing, there is a wat to do everything.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.