Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Limit entry of % complete column

Is it possible to limit the entry of a % complete column to make my sheet more 'foolproof'? So only allow entries between 0 & 100 %?

E.g. I use a conditional formatting rule that when a % complete is 100% that a row is 'grayed out', but if someone accidentally add 110% then  no conditional formatting is applied.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 02/13/17

Hi Leanne,

We currently don't have data validation such that values can be restricted or limited in a column but I've got your vote down for this on our enhancement.

• Mike Andreas
    Mike Andreas ✭✭✭
    edited 02/17/17

Would formatting a column as a dropdown not work for percent?

I answered another discussion in detail that has equations that may suit your need.  If someone enters something above 100%, the RYGB status ball column shows red when it would be desired to show as blue.  This may be enough of a trigger to the user that something is wrong.  If the Actual Percent Complete column in my screenshot below could be formatted as a dropdown, this would be even better for you.

Might want to search on my posts and check it out.

Capture2.PNG

• LeanneScheepers
    edited 02/20/17

Hi Mike,

Nice workaround. The RYG-balls aren't necessary for my purpose, but I can always make a dropdown list with the options that I want to allow, e.g. 0%-25%-50%-75%-100%.

--edit--

While trying to edit the column properties to a dropdown list, I got the following message. Any thought whether the solution that Mike suggested is applicable?

Thanks!

%complete.PNG

This discussion has been closed.