How to calculate a COUNTIF when using a date 01/01/2020 month to date

Options

Good Morning Everyone,

I am trying to create a formula that pulls from a master spreadsheet that calculates the number returned based on a date from the data sheet. I have columns that indicate month to date, September, August, July, June, May, April, March....

=COUNTIFS({LPSC tickets Range 1}, "Production", {LPSC tickets Range 2}, "S2 - Urgent", {LPSC tickets Range 3}, "AFR") (This formula works).

How get the number of tickets in production with severity 2, for client AFR, Month to Date and a separate formula for within September, August, July...Columns?

I was trying to use the formula below. Is it correct for this date format?

The date field on the data sheet is in the following format: 01/01/2020

=COUNTIF({LPSC tickets Range 4}MONTH, TODAY(), ={LPSC tickets Range 4})

Best Answers

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chareese Hayes

I believe you're looking for this:

=COUNTIFS({LPSC tickets Range 1}, "Production", {LPSC tickets Range 2}, "S2 - Urgent", {LPSC tickets Range 3}, "AFR", {LPSC tickets Range 4}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell),0)=9)

Just replace the number in the last argument according to the month you want to count.

• Chareese Hayes
    Options

Hi David,

I used this in the MTD November column

=COUNTIFS({LPSC tickets Range 1}, "Production", {LPSC tickets Range 2}, "S2 - Urgent", {LPSC tickets Range 3}, "AFR", {LPSC tickets Range 4}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 1) = 11)

Results = INVALID REF

• Chareese Hayes
    Options

I also tried:

=COUNTIFS({LPSC tickets Range 1}, "Production", {LPSC tickets Range 2}, "S2 - Urgent", {LPSC tickets Range 3}, "AFR", {LPSC tickets Range 4}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 11)

11= November

• Chareese Hayes
    Options

It worked. Thank you.

Chareese

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!