Sending Weekly Email with a Filter in Contacts Column

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to send 1 weekly email to each person in a column with a list of all rows that are assigned to their name.

I've looked at setting up an automation, but will this send 1 email per row with their name on? And will you have to set up a new one for each contact?

Thanks,

Eddie

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Eddie Besley

This is definitely possible! You will want to create a time-based automation (see here) that sends once-a-week. The trigger will be "When a date is reached", and you'll want to customize it to run every week, on a specific day.

Then if the users are set up in a Contact Column, you'll only need to set up one alert for this! In the action block at the bottom of the workflow (see here), specify that you want this to send to contacts in a cell.

This will send an email that contains all rows associated with just that one person in the Contact cell to that person. Each user's email will be different, it will only contain their own rows.

Here's an example of how I set mine up. You'll likely have to add in a Condition that says something simple like that the Task isn't blank:

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!