COUNTIFS formula help please

Jeana
Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/04/20 in Formulas and Functions

Can't figure out why this isn't working. I get #Incorrect Arguement

=COUNTIFS([1 Weeks Tasks]$2:[8 Weeks Tasks]$100, =1, [Task Owner]:[Task Owner], ="Copyedit")

I'm trying to get a count of how many '1''s in the designated row/columns (1 Weeks Tasks:8 Weeks Tasks) AND if Task Owner is Copyedit. The trick , I think, is that I have a sum in row 1 of this sheet so I don't want it to look at that row. That's why the absolute values on the first range. I do know that the formula works fine like this.

=COUNTIFS([1 Weeks Tasks]:[1 Weeks Tasks], =1, [Task Owner]:[Task Owner], ="Copyedit")

I want to count ALL 8 weeks of Tasks that have "Copyedit" as the Task Owner - and again, the first row is a sum field so I don't want to include that, in case there a sum of "1" it would throw the total off.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Jeana

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeana
    Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I see your point and I appreciate the quick response. I'll test this out. I'm still not sure how to ignore the first row though.

Jeana

• John Jonassen
    John Jonassen ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeana

Does the first row that you are wanting to ignore contain "Copyedit" in the Task Owner column? If not, then it's already being disqualified/removed from your collection of Countifs formulas.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!