Countifs Formula Help

I've used this formula a few different times on various sheets, but I can't figure out why it's returning an in correct argument error:

This is the formula:

=COUNTIFS({call_history_from_08_31_2020_to_10_31_2020 Range 1}, Day153, {call_history_from_08_31_2020_to_10_31_2020 Range 2}, "incoming")

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Answers

• Hi @Kristina Kazakoff

It looks like the structure is set up correctly, so there may be something else going on. I would suggest adjusting the row reference (set as 153 in this example) to be @row, so the formula doesn't have to look through the whole sheet to find row 153 before calculating.

=COUNTIFS({call_history_from_08_31_2020_to_10_31_2020 Range 1}, Day@row, {call_history_from_08_31_2020_to_10_31_2020 Range 2}, "incoming")

You may also want to double check that your two cross-sheet ranges are looking at the correct columns, and that the "Day" column in this sheet is set as a Date Type of column (and that Range 1 is also a Date Type).

Try also dragging the formula to a different cell, or setting it as a Column Formula then back to a Cell Formula to see if this helps update the sheet and have it re-read the formula properly.

Let me know if any of this has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks, Genevieve! It looks like the formula was overwhelming the sheet, because when I came back to it the following day there was no error message.

I don't have much experience with the @row function - so thanks for that too.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!