Returning date either 15th or 31st of the month

Do we have a formula for rounding off dates to either 15 th of the month or 31st of the month? for example if the date falls between 1-15 of a month, I need 15th as the date for that month and year. and if a date falls in between 16-31 then it should return 31st of the month and year.

Kindly advise.

thanks for your help.

Answers

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your help, I shall try this out.

I have another question:

It seems when I copy a link from the smartsheet and paste in email, it used to become a live link, however, recently I see it does not become a live link. did I mess up my settings?

Kindly advise.

• Hi @Avinash Chandra

When you say you copy a link from Smartsheet, do you mean a sheet URL? It sounds like this may have to do with your email settings, versus Smartsheet. I would see if there have been any recent updates with your email provider and test copying links from other locations and pasting them to see if it's the same behaviour.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Avinash Chandra
    Avinash Chandra ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Genevieve,

I am referencing the automated email I want to send out every week. The URL that I copy from smartsheet and paste in the message does not turn blue or is not a live link. I have to copy and right click and Go To in order to reach the smartsheet.

The above screen capture is from the email I received through the automation.

Kindly advise

• Hi @Avinash Chandra

I've tested this and in my own emails it appears as a live link, after I copy/paste a Publish link from Smartsheet:

If you used to see live links from automations and this has stopped recently, it's possible that there was an update in your security settings for your email. Please check with your email provider or your organization to see if there is a setting that is blocking links from coming through as live.

I would also suggest sending the same link/automation to a few different emails to see if they experience the same thing (ex. from Outlook or Gmail). Finally, you may want to test sending yourself emails containing the link outside of the automation to see if this issue is specific to Smartsheet's automation or if it happens through any way of receiving an email.

If none of the emails you've sent it to see a live link, you may want to reach out to Smartsheet Support directly with proper screen captures and more detail, since they can work with you privately one-on-one.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!