How do you edit widget data in templates...

I am using the event planning template, and want to edit the location and a few other widgets, how do I do that

Answers

• Hi @Dale Terry - 4QCAC

Data displayed on your Dashboard is most likely sourced from some of the sheets in the template. In order to change what shows on the Dashboard, you'll want to change the source information / data directly in the sheet, first!

To check where the data comes from, you can edit the Dashboard, then find the widget you want to change, hover over it, and click on the little pencil icon:

Then if it's a Metric Widget, click on the "Add Data" button in the window that appears. This will show you what sheet the data comes from, and if it's from the main grid of the sheet or from the sheet summary section:

You can learn more about Widgets here, and Sheet Summary sections of sheets here. You may also want to take a look at some of the Dashboard Webinar series, here!

If I've got the template set right, this page here provides more information on each sheet & item in the template.

If you still have questions, it would be helpful to see screen captures of exactly what you need help adjusting.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!