VLOOKUP - NO MATCH

Could you hrelp me to short out this problem?

I want to copy the "NAC ID" in a cell using Vlookup formula. But I always get "NO MATCH".

Data collected from a form:

Used Formula:

"Affected units" is a dropdown column with multiple selection.

Best Answer

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

For VLOOKUP to work, the value that you are looking up should be in the left and anywhere in the right of that could be the column from where you intend to fetch values. If you are using the look up value as ID#0133 NOK, the value to fetch should be in a column that is to the right side of this value's column. Also note that if there are multiple of the same values in the reference sheet, with various NAC ID, the system will not be able to fetch the result. It has to be one to one.

Below is where you will get a no match

However, if you change as shown below, you will get a value, provided it is one to one

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Aravind

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

Answers

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

For VLOOKUP to work, the value that you are looking up should be in the left and anywhere in the right of that could be the column from where you intend to fetch values. If you are using the look up value as ID#0133 NOK, the value to fetch should be in a column that is to the right side of this value's column. Also note that if there are multiple of the same values in the reference sheet, with various NAC ID, the system will not be able to fetch the result. It has to be one to one.

Below is where you will get a no match

However, if you change as shown below, you will get a value, provided it is one to one

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Aravind

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

• Thanks a lot Aravind,

It works for the first cell that match the criterio, how could I get all the values that matches the criterio in the selected range?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!