How can I get a checked box - unchecked so an workflow will allow that field to be checked again?

Example I have a lead/secondary owner each receive a work flow. When they are ready for review they check the box. The workflow goes to the VIA for approval. The VIA responses are limited to YES or NO. So when the VIA selects NO an automated update form goes back to either the Lead or Secondary Owner. I want them to now be able to check the box again when ready for review to trigger the work flow again to get approval.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

At this point there is no way to automate part of a checkbox process If you were automating the checking of the box, you could automate the unchecking of the box. But since there is a manual process involved any user interaction would overwrite any formula placed into the checkbox column. Automation of check boxes is an all or nothing activity.

• Is there perhaps a formula that if Lead Owner MAP VIA Approved is No and the flag is checked that the flag can be unchecked?? or if the flag is not of checked to be unchecked?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!