Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is there a way to lock a column in a report?

Angie Hatfield
Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Is there a way to lock a column in a report?

My situation is that I have a Master sheet and then have a report where a user can enter data in one column but I don't want them to be able to change data in another column.

If columns are locked on the Master then they have to be unlocked any time it needs updated by his team.

The report is used in another Department. Originally we tried a separate sheet with linked cells, but that turned out to not be ideal.

Thank you for any ideas.

Comments

• Hi Angie—

Reports get all of their properties from their source sheets, including their locked status. As such, there isn't a way to lock the column only in the report but I've got your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further consideration by our Product team.

You might consider changing sharing permissions on the source sheet, making anyone that you don't want to update that column an Editor, and making the team in the other department Admins so they can update the column.

This discussion has been closed.