Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Search content within an attached document and metadata

Options
Web Master
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Saw a bunch of post about search and it not searching what everyone needs it to.

My suggestion, the two biggest features of SharePoint are SEARCH and RESTORING

deleted rows (items).  

SS - C'mon man.  You gotsta prioritize this.  Admins have to sleep at night.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 02/21/17
    Options

Hello!

I've definitely got your vote down for a way to search through an attachment and its metadata on our enhancement request list for further consideration by our Product team. I wanted to shed some light on why we don't have this in the app now: In order to be able to search through your attachments, we have to know what your attachments are and index their data. That means we'd have to open them on the backend. Smartsheet is mostly about keeping your data protected and secure, and that includes us not having knowledge of your data. (We at Smartsheet can't see your sheet data or attachments unless you share your sheets with us.)

Regardless, I've got your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further review by our Proudct team.

I also wanted to mention that I've edited the tags on this discussion. Please keep tagging down to the specific revelant topics for your discussion—thanks!

This discussion has been closed.