Can I Highlight and/or use conditional formatting in the Calendar App?

Is conditional formatting, or highlighting, something that can be managed within the Calendar app. e.g. I have specific data from a dropdown column in my sheet displayed for each item on my calendar, but want to highlight the calendar item if it contains a specific dropdown [not using filters, as I still want all data displayed]

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rick_Bailey

The other option would be to use the "Color by Column" setting on the 5th tab and set this based on your Parent column (you could then also Sort the Columns by the Parent column from the 4th tab). However, depending on your view this could override the other Group color feature you currently have enabled.

There isn't a way right now to highlight within the task a specific cell or content, like with Conditional Formatting in the source sheet. Please let our Product Team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hi @Rick_Bailey

Yes, you can use the Grouping feature in the Calendar App to colour-code how different items appear in your Calendar. You have to first select what column to group by, and then you'll have the option to adjust the colours per-criteria.

Scroll down to Step 3: Map Columns on this Help Article for the Calendar App, here.

Let me know if this has set up the highlight you'd like to see! If I've misunderstood, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your Calendar and how your Map Columns page is configured (but please make sure to block out any sensitive data.)

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Rick_Bailey
    Rick_Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭

@ Genevieve P Thank you:) I should have specified, I meant to ask if it's feasible outside of the Group 1, Group 2 feature..[ which I'm currently using]. To give a specific example of what I'm looking to do.. I have rows that are Parent Rows [and a check box to indicate them as parents as well], and rows that are children rows. I want both to show up on the calendar app view, but would like to easily, visually differentiate between Parents and Children. Thanks!

• Rick_Bailey
    Rick_Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P Thank you:) I should have specified, I meant to ask if it's feasible outside of the Group 1, Group 2 feature..[ which I'm currently using]. To give a specific example of what I'm looking to do.. I have rows that are Parent Rows [and a check box to indicate them as parents as well], and rows that are children rows. I want both to show up on the calendar app view, but would like to easily, visually differentiate between Parents and Children. Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rick_Bailey

The other option would be to use the "Color by Column" setting on the 5th tab and set this based on your Parent column (you could then also Sort the Columns by the Parent column from the 4th tab). However, depending on your view this could override the other Group color feature you currently have enabled.

There isn't a way right now to highlight within the task a specific cell or content, like with Conditional Formatting in the source sheet. Please let our Product Team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here.

Thanks!

Genevieve