Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

schedule email report to user for them to updat

I see the option to email shared users which sends them a link so they can view and update the data (if they have permisions). But it does not have a scheduling function.

I see the option to email the report as an excel or pdf attachment. This has the schedule function, but no way for the user to access the report an update the data. 

What I want is a way to schedule an email to run the report and send a link to the recipient so they can click on it to view the report and update the data. 

It looks like I'm half way in between.

Any ideas out there? 

Clark

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Clark

You have what you need at Row level in Reports. Choose as many Rows as you wish in your Report (to do list) and then "Send Update Request" and choose the Sceduling option which includes weekly times etc. 

That should give you as many choices as you need? 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

• Hi Richard,

I'm already using the update request function, but users are telling me they prefer seeing the the grid view to update their information. Just checking all the options...

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Clark,

You can use Scheduling option Richard mentioned.  In Send as Attachment option there is a scheduling link.  To meet your requirements include a link to the report in the body of the scheduled email, users can click that and get to the grid view they prefer.

To get the link, click on the "Sharing" tab at the bottom of the repoirt and copy the URL link at the bottom of that window.

-Brett

This discussion has been closed.