0 being added to my weekdays

Options

Hi all!

I'm trying to list the weekday (using WEEKDAY) based off my date field. It's so weird though, I'm getting a "0" added at the beginning of every day besides Monday and Sunday. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I tried using "&" and "," instead of plus signs, but that didn't work.

=IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 1, "Sunday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 2, "Monday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 3, "Tuesday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 4, "Wednesday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 5, "Thursday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 6, "Friday") + IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]2) = 7, "Saturday")

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kelsey Ciarrocca ,

Try:

=IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row = 1, "Sunday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 2, "Monday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 3, "Tuesday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 4, "Wednesday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 5, "Thursday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 6, "Friday", "Saturday"))))))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/10/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Kelsey Ciarrocca ,

It was missing a paren to close the first WEEKDAY. Try this:

=IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 1, "Sunday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 2, "Monday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 3, "Tuesday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 4, "Wednesday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 5, "Thursday", IF(WEEKDAY([Calendar Date]@row) = 6, "Friday", "Saturday"))))))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!