COUNTSIFS

Options

Hi there,

This might be a basic question, and for that I apologise, but I am trying to get the following formula to work...

=COUNTIFS({Quotevine Report Range 1}, "User Name", {Quotevine Report Range 2}, =1)

Essentially I want to count entries from a sheet as long as a certain User Name is matched and a certain Number which is at the end.

I get INVALID REF as my error message, but I can't figure out why.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Lee

The syntax of your formula is correct. Let's break your formula down to see if we can determine which term is problematic. Double check the column type where this COUNTIFS formula resides. It should be a Text/Number field.

Completely delete the 2nd range out of your formula, then re-insert it using the REFERENCE ANOTHER SHEET LINK that should appear in the formula window. Reselect the column you desire in the cross referenced sheet and click insert reference. As a good practice, consider re-naming the reference from the generic Range# to your column name prior to clicking Insert Reference. This may assist you in further formulas on your sheet as these ranges can be re-used. If re-inserting range2 doesn't work, do the same thing for range1.

If that doesn't clear the error, delete one term (ie: {Range 1}, "Name") from your COUNTIFS to determine which of the two terms is presenting the error.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!