Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to automate the loading of excel into a smart sheet ?

Pavan Sreeramoju
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team, Can somebody please help me automate (at regulare intervals) the process of loading local excel file into smart sheet. At regular intervals of time smartsheet data must be refreshed with excel data present on my desktop.

Cheers

Pavan Sreeramoju

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/22/17

Sorry to disappoint Pavan but we havent found a way to do that. You can automate it the other way and click a refresh button in excel to see the latest, but that is the wrong way round for you. 

If this is part of a wider Workflow need and you have some budget to design and build and pay for another App to work alongside Smartsheet, then yes, what you want is fairly straightforward. 

Appsheet could do this and a whole lot more... Azuqua might be a bit pricy but will certainly do this. Then there are some API solutions but it depends on how important it is to you? 

You can just Copy and Paste on a regular basis and set a timer to remind you and that will cost nothing? 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR 

• Pavan Sreeramoju
    edited 02/22/17

Richard, Thanks for the quikc reply. It is not that important and business criitcal to spend extra money. I love your simple work around - copy n paste and set the timer -- :-) :-) :-)  Cheers, Pavan

This discussion has been closed.