COUNTIFS with Specific Dates

I'm working on a Pre-COVID and COVID list and could use some help. Can someone take a look?

One example: We need to COUNT how many times TRB was used during the dates of January 1st, 2020 to March 13, 2020.

=COUNTIFS(Division:Division, CONTAINS("TRB", @cell)), ([EventDate, >DATE(2020, 1, 1):EventDate, <DATE(2020, 3, 13)])

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jesse Willis ,

Try:

=COUNTIFS(Division:Division, CONTAINS("TRB", @cell)), [EventDate]:[eventdate], >DATE(2020, 1, 1), [EventDate]:[eventdate], <DATE(2020, 3, 13)])

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jesse Willis ,

Try:

=COUNTIFS(Division:Division, CONTAINS("TRB", @cell)), [EventDate]:[eventdate], >DATE(2020, 1, 1), [EventDate]:[eventdate], <DATE(2020, 3, 13)])

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Thanks Mark!

I used the following that worked beautifully!

=COUNTIFS({Complex Virtual Meeting Support Request Range 1}, =Division@row, {Zoom Webinar -Report Range 1}, >=DATE(2020, 1, 1), {Zoom Webinar -Report Range 1}, <=DATE(2020, 3, 13))

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. Thank you for using the Community.

Be Well,

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!