Rows doubled in target sheet when using Copy Automation

I have a "Control" sheet where I run an automation to send update requests to users monthly. When the update has been has been applied and reviewed/completed, a checkbox is checked which triggers an automation to Copy the row/responses to a history sheet.

The first issue I'm facing is that the history sheet receives 2 rows from the source/control sheet. The rows are identical... not sure why this is happening.

Secondly, is there a function available to automatically clear the response columns from the control sheet after the row has been archived in preparation for the next months update request?

Thank you in advance

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Patrick Bonahoom ,

Interesting. I would check all of my automation logic for something that may trigger the 2nd row copy. The problem is likely there.

Clearing your response column is a challenge. If you clear all at the same time it's doable using a formula that makes them all blank on a given day. If you need to clear each based on 1 month from send, I don't think there's an easy solution.

Curious to see if someone comes up with a solution using the functions available today.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Patrick Bonahoom
    Answer ✓

Thank you Mark for your reply. I'm thinking that you were correct... I had several active automations on the control sheet which, I believe, caused the duplication. I moved the data move management function to another sheet and BAM... it's working fine.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Patrick Bonahoom ,

Interesting. I would check all of my automation logic for something that may trigger the 2nd row copy. The problem is likely there.

Clearing your response column is a challenge. If you clear all at the same time it's doable using a formula that makes them all blank on a given day. If you need to clear each based on 1 month from send, I don't think there's an easy solution.

Curious to see if someone comes up with a solution using the functions available today.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Patrick Bonahoom
    Answer ✓

Thank you Mark for your reply. I'm thinking that you were correct... I had several active automations on the control sheet which, I believe, caused the duplication. I moved the data move management function to another sheet and BAM... it's working fine.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Patrick, Excellent. Glad you found a solution. Thanks for using the Community.

Mark