Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

newbie questions

Lawrence Liu
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to create a worksheet which tracks our purchasing and the vendor I source from. and it the same sheet have another tab which have the vendor contact information.

When I double click on vendor in the master tab it will help pull up the vendor contact details that is on another tab.

Is that possible?

Does smartsheet have multiple tab lik ein excel?

Comments

• Hi Lawrence,

You can link a cell from a sheet to a cell in an other sheet by clicking "Cell linking" in the "Insert" box, on the bottom-left corner of the smartsheet interface. However I'm affraid there is no multiple tab in Smartsheet.

Best,

Jason

• Hi

You could also add your Vendors to a drop down list with all the relevant information. Users can then select the relevan one or request a new one is added. 

I link the linked cell feature however it has been challenging to get everyone to use it and there is no validation to only allow linked values. Therefore someone can just type the value in. Also, Forms do not support linked values so if using tis to capture data you cannot use the link feature. 

Hope that helps

James

• Lawrence Liu
    edited 02/24/17

Thanks all for those feedback.  I did try the link function before I ask the questions.  It is not what I wanted.  I did not want to pupulate my mast tab with the information.  What I wanted is to show the related information when it is clicked on.

How about if i want to see vend ABC i just place my cusor or hover over it and it will pop up the vendor related information?

This discussion has been closed.