Smartsheet and Business Central integration

Hello All,

I'm trying to integrate the Business Central projects table with the Smartsheet. I want to create a new project sheet in Smartsheet whenever a new project is added to the Business Central. However, it seems the Create a sheet option is not currently available with the PowerAutomate. Did anyone face the same issue? Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in Advance!

Answers

• Hello @Pradeep Swami ,

I hadn't actually heard of Business Central until reading your post, so I gave it a quick check on Google, and it's very similar to our own product Control Center.

From what I can see, Business Central spools up different assets such as analytics. As of now, we do not have a dedicated method of doing this, so please feel free to raise an Enhancement Request using the Hamburger/3 Vertical Line menu in the top left of Smartsheet, so our Product Team can see that you'd be interested in a direct integration.

Contrary to this, you may want to review our Smartsheet Control Center Add-on. This has automation features similar to Business Central in that any time a new Project is received, it can automatically create Sheets, Reports and Dashboards to report on key data. See more on this below:

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Sean

• Any news on this item. BUsiness Central is whidely used in Europe in small to medium sized companies and an connection between these two platforms would be of great use for a lot of entrepreneurs...

Where do i need to ask this change request?

• Maaik Meijerink
    Maaik Meijerink ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Pradeep Swami,

interested in your question about creating a project sheet in Smartsheet triggered by an external event (such as creating a new project in Business Central).

as Power Automate and other tools do not support every kind of actions, we did our own development by using the Smartsheet API in a very efficiënt way

to much to explain here in detail, but if you can connect to your Business Central by API or by database, I can build/configure your solution.

let me know.

regards, Maaik

• Maaik Meijerink
    Maaik Meijerink ✭✭✭✭✭

in addition to my comment: @TomBelvas_123 @Pradeep Sharma also in combination with Smartsheet Control Center which Sean mentioned.

grtz, Maaik