Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sending data to another sheet leaves formulars behind.............

Heath Sanders
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi Team,

Now that i have a sheet that completes the sales process from contract through too invoiced/paid. The row needs to go to another sheet, I noticed it leaves the formulas behind and when i send it back to the original sheet I have to re-enter formula in cells

Can i duplicate a sheet so all the data and formulas mirror the original sheet?

Office girl will take handover and enter her data in the extra rows in her sheet

I will be moving not copying.., so need each stage (Three sheet all mirroring each other as far as formulas etc.)

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 03/01/17

Hi Heath,

As you've found, formulas aren't transferred when you use the Move Row to Another Sheet feature—this is to prevent any possibility of formulas erroring out on the destination sheet.

To get around this, you can add an apostrophe in front of the = sign on your formulas BEFORE moving them. This will convert them into text values.

You'll want to remove the apostrophies AFTER moving the rows. (Once they're on the destination sheet.)

Details on the move row process are available in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504748-moving-rows-columns-cells#moverownewsheet

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Heath, 

Do not use an appstrophe. Use something else (I use the exclamation point).

Why?

Because you can not search for '= but you can search for !=

You need to change to source sheet by hand, cell by cell, but can then change the destination sheet quickly with a Find and Replace.

Craig

• Heath Sanders
    edited 03/07/17

Thanks for those tips lads....

I've discovered that you can copy a row, (following the instructions you gave regarding the formulas) to another sheet, then delete the ! leaving =SUMIF(............etc. You can then move the row to another sheet leaving the formula behind.

In a nutshell, move a row with your formulas to a new sheet by having a ?=SUMIF(......, then drag the formulations down the page. Move the row back to the original page...Hey Presto you have a duplicate template of your original page with a few minor adjustments to make.  

This discussion has been closed.