Resource View

I tried creating a resource view that pulls in the resource allocation between multiple projects. The combined resource view is only showing the names from one of the projects, not from both projects that I have selected. Both projects have the % Allocated column and task owner column in the contact list format. The second project that is not showing is a project that was shared with me not a project that I created. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Answers

• Hi @Kasey Smith

The first thing to check is to ensure that Resource Management is enabled on this second sheet. Sheets can have Project Settings and % Allocated columns without being enabled for Resource Management.

To find this tab and enable this setting, right-click on any column name, then select Project Settings. From here, you should see a tab on the left that says Resource Management (this Help Center article, here, has a picture of what this should look like).

Keep in mind that in order to see and turn on this setting you need to either be the Owner of the sheet or have Admin permissions.

Let me know if this resolved your issue!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve.

I did verify with the sheet owner that the resource management option was enabled and that it still was not populating the names in her project plan. I was given admin access and still, nothing has come over from her project plan. I even tried recreating her project plan under my account with the resource management option enabled and all of the names added as contacts in the contact list and that is not working either. Do you have any more suggestions to try?

• Hi @Kasey Smith

Are they different contacts/resources in this second sheet? The only other thing I can think to check at the moment is to ensure that all of these contacts are members of your company's Smartsheet plan. They can be free users, but they need to be a part of your plan in order to be used as a Resource and show up in the Resource View. (See: Set Up People in your Account as Resources)

If you can confirm all these contacts are correctly set up as resources and are coming through on a different sheet, I would suggest working with Smartsheet Support with screen captures or even a screen recording of your issue in order to troubleshoot this, noting the sheet names and showing them your Resource Settings. They'll be able to work with you in a private setting to identify the cause.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi @Genevieve P,

I have a time scheduled with the pro desk to look at the issue and see if we can find a solution. Another resolution that was suggested is to add all of the users that will be needed for the project to my account to so that they will populate on the resource view. The company I work for has 3 different divisions that we pull resources from and it is only allowing me to pull names from my division instead of all 3. I was told by our account administrator that we need to get a list of the users that I need to see and to send a spreadsheet over to him to mass upload into SS. I will follow up in about a week or so to let you know if this corrects the issue.