Can I create automated survey feedback to a user in Smartsheet

I'm new to using Smartsheet and I'm trying to design a survey with automated feedback to the user. I'm wondering if Smartsheet has the capability to do this. Here is an overview of what I'm trying to do.

I have created a survey that will be going to out to certain company branches. The survey has 10 sections with a pass/no pass criteria for each section. For each company branch, I require a minimum of 10 responses. After 10 responses have been completed, I would like to send some feedback back to the company branch. For each of the 10 sections of the survey, if they pass (according to my criteria), they get a congratulatory message, if they fail, they get several links to resources to enable them improve in that section.

How much of this can be fully automated, and how much of it does require me to do manually? Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need additional details.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lucas Okwudishu

It sounds to me that it can be almost or fully completely automated using the Automation Workflows.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå. Thanks for responding. Sharing will be difficult. I have to make sure I'm not violating company policy.

I have added some screenshots with notes trying to explain what I'm doing.

The pass_no_pass screenshot is a screenshot from a sheet I created (separately from the survey form). It helps track whether they pass or fail.

The pct_totals is another sheet that tracks responses based on the user's role in the organization

The last screenshot is from a dashboard that just creates charts from the pct_totals sheet.

When a company branch completes the survey, I would like to be able to send feedback that includes the pass_no_pass information. For the sections they fail, I would like to include links to certain urls with additional resources to help them improve.

Additionally I would like to be able to include the barcharts with pct_totals in the feedback as well.

Do my screenshots help?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/11/21

@Lucas Okwudishu

Happy to help!

There are several ways to structure it.

I'd recommend either use multiple forms (per branch) or use the URL-query feature, but for both options, you'd add the branch as a hidden field.

You'd use that to count the number of submissions and either send out an alert that congratulates them or provides them with useful links.

Another option would be to send the alert with a link to two (or more) different dashboards with the congratulations message or links + statistics metrics.

To count the submissions and if the answer is correct, you'd use the columns in your example or check them by using cross-sheet formulas on another sheet. I noticed you already had this setup.

Make sense?

What do you think?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå I'm sure it does, however given my limited Smartsheet expertise, it also sounds a bit technical lol. I will how have to seek someone in my org who has a bit more expertise and we would hopefully be able to use your suggestions to get us closer to what we need. Thanks alot.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!