COUNTIFS Question

Options

I am trying to do a count if formula that counts everything in my column except 6 specific words. Here is the formula I am trying to use.

=COUNTIFS([SEA#]:[SEA#], OR(@cell <> "WAS11", @cell <> "WAS14", @cell <> "WAS15", @cell <> "WAS16", @cell <> "WAS25", @cell <> "WAS26"), [Date Requested]:[Date Requested], AND(@cell >= DATE(2020, 4, 1), @cell <= DATE(2020, 6, 30)))

It is calculating, but it is still pulling everything in that column in that date range. It isn't pulling out my specified words.

I would appreciate any insight! Thank you!

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Megan Harry ,

Try:

=COUNTIFS([SEA#]:[SEA#], AND(@cell <> "WAS11", @cell <> "WAS14", @cell <> "WAS15", @cell <> "WAS16", @cell <> "WAS25", @cell <> "WAS26"), [Date Requested]:[Date Requested], AND(@cell >= DATE(2020, 4, 1), @cell <= DATE(2020, 6, 30)))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Megan Harry
    Options

@Mark Cronk Thank you Mark! I see AND instead of OR is the way to go for this one. This worked perfectly. I really appreciate the help!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Megan,

Happy to help. Thanks for contributing to the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!