COUNTIFS with three criteria

Options

I have searched this forum to find the solution and believe I have accurately typed the formula but it keeps returning #UNPARSABLE

I created a grid to pull metrics (Stage, Team, Status) from another sheet which aims to show the status of tasks by Stage and Team. Then I can display the metrics (status of tasks by team) in a chart on a dashboard

Here is the formula and then the sheet I am pulling from (just first few rows).

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Michelle St. Claire ,

Remove the "]" after "Not Started" and see if that resolves your issue.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Michelle St. Claire
    Answer ✓
    Options

Gosh, I have tried so many different methods for this formula and forgot to remove this one. Still doesn't work but says #INCORRECT ARGUMENT now

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Michelle,

You're close. Incorrect argument set means something is wrong with your ranges. Click edit range for each and confirm they link to a single column of data. The columns in your ranges should be formatted as single drop down or text/number. The column with your formula needs to be formatted as text/number.

Find it?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Michelle St. Claire ,

Remove the "]" after "Not Started" and see if that resolves your issue.

Mark

• Michelle St. Claire
    Answer ✓
    Options

Gosh, I have tried so many different methods for this formula and forgot to remove this one. Still doesn't work but says #INCORRECT ARGUMENT now

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Michelle,

You're close. Incorrect argument set means something is wrong with your ranges. Click edit range for each and confirm they link to a single column of data. The columns in your ranges should be formatted as single drop down or text/number. The column with your formula needs to be formatted as text/number.

Find it?

Mark

• Thanks Mark. I just deleted the references and inserted them again. Maybe it was a glitch initially but is working now. Thanks for taking a look.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you found the solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!