Find formula: Adding 2 Choices

Smartsheet Community:

I have the First Part of Formula to look in a cell and Apply when is Not ACAMS 2.0, but how do I add to the Formula to look for In ACAMS 2.0.

For Example: If it is in ACAMS 2.0 Populate ACAMS 2.0 and If it is Not in ACAMS 2.0 Populate "Not ACAMS 2.0". My Current Formula is Below:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("NOT_ACAMS_2.0", Labels1)), "ACAMS_2.0", "NOT ACAMS 2.0")

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Anthony Barthelemy
    Anthony Barthelemy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet Community:

I think my initial Formula my be wrong too, because I getting the incorrect Results now.

The Formula Should Look in the Label Column for ACAMS 2.0 and Not In ACAMS 2.0.

If the Label Column Contains ACAMS 2.0 then the Column Should Populate ACAMS 2.0

If the Label Column Contains Not in ACAMS 2.0 then the Column Should populate Not in ACAMS 2.0.

Hope this help you help me.

Thanks

• Anthony Barthelemy
    Answer ✓

Smartsheet Community:

No Need to Reply. I found the Error, too many parenthesis. Here is the New Formula:

=IF(CONTAINS("NOT_ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "NOT ACAMS 2.0", "ACAMS 2.0")

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good Work @Ray B

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Anthony Barthelemy

Good Day All:

I am adding a Third Condition to My Formula. If it has Neither NOt_ACAMS_2.0 or ACAMS_2.0 in the Label Column it should Return Blank.

Can someone Take a look at this Formula to make sure it is Correct? I feel Like I am missing a piece, like an Or Condition.

Formula: =IF(CONTAINS("NOT_ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "NOT ACAMS 2.0", IF(CONTAINS("ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "ACAMS 2.0", ""))

Thanks

• Anthony Barthelemy

Smartsheet Community:

I am a little Closer but Retruning an Argument when it does not Contain NOT_ACAMS_2.0 or ACAMS_2.0

New Formula:

=IF(CONTAINS("NOT_ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "NOT ACAMS 2.0", IF(CONTAINS("ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "ACAMS 2.0", "", IF(NOT(CONTAINS("NOT_ACAMS_2.0", OR("ACAMS_2.0", Labels@row), "")))))

• Anthony Barthelemy

Disregard! I figured it out.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!